7 ways to style your shelf
Styling your shelves is an important part of home decor. It's the first thing people see when they enter your home. The purpose of styling your bookshelves is to bring out the personality and style that you want in your space, while still being practical for storage purposes.
Shelves can be a great way to show off your personality and style in your home. By styling them in an interesting way, you can create an eye-catching focal point that adds some personality to your space. Here are a few tips on how to style your shelves for maximum impact.
1. Pick a color palette- If you want your shelves to look cohesive, then it's important that they have something in common. You don't necessarily need every item on the shelf matching its neighbor or being a similar color as everything else- but choosing two or three shades and repeating them will give some sense of orderliness to how things are placed within each display case! These built ins at our house were done with mostly neutral colors like silver (perfect for adding depth), black & gray mixed together which gave off such an intentional vibe; any color scheme could work just fine though :)
2. Use books- If you're a book lover but don't know how to style your shelves, we've got some tips for you. Book styling is all about creating an inviting space on the shelf and spacing books in a way that they complement each other aesthetically." "The first thing to do when arranging a bookshelf is to get rid of any extra items that are not related to books. This includes anything from knickknacks, toys, or even plants." "Next comes placing your favorite books at eye level so they can be seen more easily by visitors walking into the room. To add visual interest and depth, place smaller sized books close together and larger ones spaced out with gaps in between them.
3. Add texture- The most important element in a room is balance. I have found that bringing the eye around your space and giving it something interesting to look at while you're exploring will make for a more successful visit; so my shelves are studded with items like wooden dough bowls or wicker baskets which provide texture as well!
4. Frame unusual items -If you're looking for a way to spice up your shelves, frame items that are not typically framed. This is an easy and inexpensive way to make any shelf more stylish. You can use all types of frames or pick fun ones like this one from Hobby Lobby which already has the word "FRAME" written on it. Frames don't have to be expensive either! Frame your favorite magazine covers with cereal boxes, old t-shirts, or even wrapping paper!
5. Make it functional-It is a common misconception that the only function of shelves are to hold your items. But, they also serve as decoration and reflect your personality. One way to start is by making your shelves functional with these five easy tricks!
a) Place a shallow object or tray at the front of your bookshelf so that you can put items on display without taking up too much space.
b) Use baskets and boxes as storage containers for smaller objects like books, magazines, DVDs or even shoes.
c) Create an area where all of your children's toys are kept together in one location so they're not scattered throughout the room.
d) Put decorative shelving units near windows so that any plants or flowers you have
Conclusion paragraph: So, where can you buy the best shelves for your living room? If you're looking for a custom shelf that will fit perfectly in any space and take up minimal floor or wall space while maximizing storage capacity, then look no further than COMFIFY.COM! With our wide variety of styles including wood, metal, glass and even fabric covered options, we'll have something to suit every need. Shop with us today and be sure to check out all of our other home furnishings too! We know how important it is to find stylish items at an affordable price point-so don't wait another second.